Notification Alerts with Mapping
When Nighthawk meters experience a power outage, they use their "last gasp" stored power (capacitors, no batteries) to notify the Adaptiv™ user interface. This is mapped online showing the addresses for the meters. At the utilities option a text message or emails can be sent to alert utility personnel that meters have reported an outage, all within the first minute of the power outage
Benefits of Adaptiv's real time outage reporting
- Improved customer relations by providing accurate outage and restoration information.
- Fewer complaints to regulators due to ability to prioritize restoration of emergency facilities and other critical customers.
- Reduced outage duration as location data allows for prioritization
- Reduced outage frequency due to increased awareness of trouble areas
- Improved customer satisfaction from quicker response